Friday, February 4, 2011

Something New For Dinner

I know how boring it is when you only have a few good meals that get cycled over and over. It can quickly turn favorites into something to dread. Here's a recipe I found about a year ago that my family loves. Trust me when I say anyone can make it. The best part? It's cooked in a crock-pot!
Bacon Wrapped Apple Barbecue Chicken
Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 slices uncooked of bacon
2 apples (I usually go with someting tart, like granny smith)
1/2 cup barbeque sauce
1 lemon

Instructions
Grate the apples. Squeeze all the juice you can from your lemon over the grated apples. Mix apples with barbecue sauce. Set aside. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Wrap each breast with 2 slices of bacon. Place in a single layer at the bottom of slow cooker. Pour apple/barbecue mixture over all over chicken. Cook on low for about 8 hours.
Enjoy! Great sides to go with this include salad, corn on the cob, baked beans, and cornbread.