Monday, July 16, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Wooo! Lucas and I are home after seven days in the Sunshine State.  We had such a great time, and seeing my mom again was like surfacing for air.  It had been too long.  It will always be too long. 

We got there late Monday night, and on Tuesday we had family over so in addition to my parents and two brothers, I got to see my grandparents, two aunts, and one of my favorite cousins and her son.  We all relaxed, chatted, ate, and swam.

On Wednesday, my mom, my youngest brother (15) Ryan, and the boys and I headed out  to Wyndam Cyprus Palms for the rest of the week.  My mom is in a vacation club with Wyndam and uses her points to stay at their resorts.  I've been to Atlantic City, Daytona, and now Kissimmee with her and I love their suites!  As you know, we live in a very small apartment, so I'm not exaggerating when I say that the units we've stayed in are all bigger than my apartment! 




We spent a day in the Magic Kingdom and the boys (and my mom and I) had a blast!  Matt had only ever been on cheesy kiddie carnival rides before, so I wasn't sure what he'd be up for.  The first ride we went on was Stitch's Great Escape, which is less of a ride and more of an experience.  It was a little scary for Matt and if I had known what to expect I might not have taken him.  He loved Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, his very first roller coaster, but was scared during Space Mountain... maybe because it was in the dark.

Lucas was also able to go on a bunch of rides with us, like the Astro Orbiter, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Training, Pirates of the Caribbean, and a couple of others I can't think of at the moment.  We all had a really great time.


We also spent a day at Old Town and Fun Spot, walking around, looking at the gift shops, and yes, going on more rides! 

All in all it was a great trip and I wish we could have stayed longer.  Well, Matthew is staying longer.  He'll be at my mom's house until July 30th.  It was hard to let him go, but I got a phone call from him already today and he's doing just fine!  He caught a few frogs and a lizard that he'll be taking care of down there.  I just hope he uses the old camera I gave him.  I really want to see his perspective of everything.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks like a really great trip home! Thanks for sharing your visit & pics :D

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll be your best friend. <3