Monday, June 18, 2012

The Newest Avon Lady

On Friday I did something I never thought I'd do.

Yes, I signed up for Avon.  Eric suggested it, and I was thinking about it, but I wasn't sure if I was ready to take on a home business.  Who would I sell to?  I don't have any friends!  Well, he went and entered our contact information anyway.

I first got a call some time last week.  I was caught off guard!  I couldn't commit to this without actually giving it some thought, so I told the woman that I wasn't interested right now and that was it.  Then on Thursday her District Manager texted me wanting to know if I was sure I wasn't interested.  At this point I'd had a couple of days to think it over so we made an appointment.  I figured, why not?  It only cost $10 to get started, and I got plenty of brochures to get me on my feet.

I am more excited than I thought I'd be!  The girls at work are all excited.  A few used to sell or used to buy regularly, but they hadn't had an Avon lady in a while.  Instant customers!

Everyone knows someone who's sold Avon.  If you are a rep, or used to be, I'd love to hear your tips and advice.  And if you'd like to browse the current brochure, you can do so by visiting my eStore www.yourAvon.com/NicoleH

So this week I'm going to be working on a new page for the blog that will highlight what's new and on sale in the catalogs.  I'd love it if you guys would check it out when it goes up, and to revisit frequently!