Monday, March 14, 2011

Kindergarten Registration Part 1

I took Matt, my almost 5 year old, to kindergarten registration on Friday. It was bittersweet. Only a small taste of what's to come, I know.
The day started out... ugh. My husband left for work at 5:30. I had every intention of getting a shower before the boys woke up. I fell asleep. Lucas woke me up around 7:00. I picked him up and brought him back to my bed where we both fell asleep again. We woke up somewhere in the 9 'o clock hour. I knew the school was near by and wanted to walk there. I couldn't remember how close exactly it was so I wanted to give us p l e n t y of time. An hour would be enough I figured. So we had to leave at 10:30. That was doable.
Matt woke up in a cranky mood but I figured He'd perk up after breakfast. So I got together all the papers I needed and folded them into my wallet. While he was eating I got myself dressed and ready.When I got to my hair I couldn't find my hair pin. I spent 10 minutes looking for it but found it. Lucas decided then was a good time for a nap but I figured it would give me time to get Matt dressed and ready. At 10:30 I put the stroller outside and unfolded it. Matt put on his shoes and coat. I went to get my nice coat on but couldn't find it. I didn't want to wear my ratty white coat, I wanted my nice sophisticated black pea coat. It went with my sophisticated hair pin that I spent so long looking for. It wasn't on the couch, hanging in the closet, over the closet door, on the glider; it wasn't anywhere! I checked all those places and then some again. I found it in the closet, not on a hanger but squished between two other coats. Finally I thought I was ready. It was time to go. I checked my bag just to make SURE I had everything. My wallet wasn't in my bag. I looked on the coffee able, couches- including the cushions- in the kitchen,, the boys's room, the bathroom... everywhere I could possibly think of. I began to panic. Everything I needed was in my wallet. If I couldn't find my wallet there as no point in even going. I spent about 20 minutes looking for it before I found it in the trash can. Thank you , Lucas.
We were finally on our way. I had everything I needed. Even after a late start, we got to the school ridiculously early. We walked around the perimeter until we were only half an hour early.
What a day. And we hadn't even walked in yet.